Friday, September 30, 2011

Fiction Friday: a character sheet!

So, here we have a screenshot of the character sheet for Yarrow, my main character. You'll note the picture inspiration in the top right hand corner (by the way, have I ever mentioned how much I love Scivener? Because I seriously, seriously do). This is not the full character sheet, of course. No spoilers. ;)


The picture is of my best and oldest (15 years now) friend, who was my original inspiration for Yarrow. Yarrow is now completely different from my friend, as years of writing and re-writing will do to a character, but when I started this endeavor Yarrow and Kana shared a lot of traits in common. Two things that stayed fairly constant: Yarrow's look, which is a combination of Kana and Milla Jovovich plus height, and her attitude.

You can see in the picture the warrior stance, the COME AT ME BRO that characterizes both Kana and Yarrow's attitudes on life. While Yarrow has changed in many ways over the years, she still retains these key pieces which, I believe, make her the character she is.

(No, Kana is not a sex-crazed alcoholic warrior who is most likely homicidal. That would be where bits of my personality leak into my characters.)

(I kid.)


(Not really.)

No comments:

Post a Comment