Monday, June 4, 2012

The Face of Insomnia

 
I posted on Google+ the other day (or perhaps it was yesterday) that I'm so stressed this week I'm taking a step back from online life.

This was apparently a lie, because now the stress has snuck into my brain and prevented me from sleeping -- the activity I'd slotted into my "online time".

I am exhausted right now. I would do anything to sleep. It is 4:22 am and I'm supposed to be awake and getting ready for my day in 2 hours.

So, what to do?
  1. Write a blog post complaining about my insomnia, complete with ridiculous picture of myself. 
  2. Work on The Jade Star of Athering
  3. Drink ALL the coffee. 
I know that in about two hours my body will go "Oh, hey, time for SLEEP!" and knock me out if I'm not vigilant about it. Any other day -- any other summer -- I'd let it, but tomorrow/this morning is class. I have to go to class. This is the very last class I need to be in for my degree and I'll be damned if a little insomnia is going to get in my way now.

I just have to get through the next two days. Wednesday my group presents, and then I can stop stressing.

Wednesday. That's it.

*prays for a Timelord and a Tardis*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment