Monday, September 24, 2012

Mundane Monday: Mamma Mia, here I go again!

Sleep is for the weak.

I went to bed early last night -- 11 pm! This is early considering my average bedtime for the past four nights has been six am. I figured I'd sleep until 9am -- early enough so that I'd be tired come this evening, so I could actually get up on time for my SOOPER EARLY OMG WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS doctor's appointment tomorrow. Assuming it would take me an hour to fall asleep, as it usually does, that's about nine hours.

After four hours of sleep punctuated with really weird, very vivid dreams involving characters, plots, and settings from Community, Archer, and True Blood, I awoke to pressing bladder concerns and ABBA running through my head.

And I'm still awake, because my brain decided four hours of sleep would be enough.

I think I may be watching too many episodes of the above-named shows.

On the plus side, I will probably be tired enough very early tonight, and will get enough sleep before my doctor's appointment (which I'm honestly not really looking forward to).

The thing that's pissing me off is that I'm staying at my mom's house -- I have to, my doctor is in her town -- and using her bed while she is traveling in Nicaragua. For the past few nights her pillow has given me a neck ache, so last night I finally grabbed my pillow out of the car (yes I travel with my pillow ok) to fix said neck ache.

Well, I didn't sleep long enough, so neck ache is still around. Yay!

Anyway, my point here is not to bitch and moan. It's probably a good thing I'm up so early. I can get two hours of writing done before the coffee store opens. (I think it should be required that when a town's population gets to be a certain size, there is at least ONE 24-hour coffee shop in town. Seriously. And no, before you say it, fellow Canadians, Tim Horton's IS NOT COFFEE. It is toxic waste in a massive cup whose rim you sometimes roll up to see if you won something. I honestly do not understand the national obsession with such an incredibly crappy excuse for coffee.)

In other news, I've now moved to the mainland from Vancouver Island. If you want to read about the saga of my move, you can check out parts one, two, three, and four at Bacon and Whiskey. If you want to read about what driving in the Lower Mainland is like, you can read Lost in Coquitlamfield with a drunk GPS. Warning, I swear quite a bit on my other blog. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment