Monday, October 31, 2011

Mundane Monday: FudgeeOs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.



At this rate I'll probably run out.

Luckily I have a lot of Pepsi Throwback (which, honestly, who came up with that name? Retro works a lot better and sounds less like a recessive genetic mutation) to last me until next week, at least (3 cases should be enough, right?), when my loan comes in.

At which point I pay rent and buy a lot of junk food to keep me going during NaNoWriMo.

Oh, yes, that starts at midnight. Tonight. I've been trying to outline all month and I've made some progress, but some points have just not made themselves clear to me. This is what I get for being a pantser, you know. Complete inability to effectively outline.

But I will finish my outline because my goal is to have a viable first draft of Adrasteia (working title) by December 1st. (No, this novel doesn't get its own tag until I get a title nailed down.)

I just need to figure out if the Athering-Pokomam War happened before or after the events in Adrasteia. And how many millenia* are between Adrasteia and Bellica. (I know at least 5, but it could be more. Adrasteia is in the past, by the way.) Figuring out all that helps me nail down villain personas.

Writing a novel set in a world with so much history that you haven't written yet is hard, ok. (It's also hard to write these posts without spoilers in them.)

But still easier than writing a novel set in this world -- at least for me.

So, yes, I'll be living on FudgeeOs (which, if you haven't had them, are like Oreos X Awesome, and I cannot get enough) and Pepsi, thanks to my friend the Halloween Santa, she buys me things, because she's awesome. And she knows I'll return the favor when I have my loan in.

Uni students. We take care of each other. We have to.

Today I join Halloween Santa for some pumpkin eviscerating, and tonight I go to a wiener roast and fireworks display (SHHHH DON'T TELL ANYONE IT'S ILLEGAL). After that -- midnight kick-off party at Tim Horton's! Because I'm Canadian, that's why. Shush.

In other news: Happy Halloween. Raise a glass to your ancestors today and celebrate the cycle of death, rebirth, life, and decay. Unless your ancestors were all assholes, in which case just do the second part. (Sex is a good way to celebrate the cycles of death and life. Just saying.)






*I can't spell that word. I suck at spelling that word. And Firefox refuses to acknowledge that it is a word, it is ok, it's the plural of millennium, just like phenomena is the plural of phenomenon, and criteria is the plural of criterion. It's Greek, that's why. There. Your language lesson for the day. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment